[WBEL-users] RH Desktop

Vicki Reeves vickir@beau.org
Tue, 04 May 2004 12:32:31 -0500

neil wrote:

> maillists@crescentdigital.com wrote:
>
>> Hmmm..  Redhat's back to take a stab at the desktop market..  Tell you
>> the
>> truth, don't know if I can trust them again.. After what they did, I've
>> switched to SuSe as my desktop system and WHEL for work servers..
>> Anyway,
>> here's the link..
>>
>> http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/desktop/

> That's interesting - considering WBEL is RHEL compiled from source. You
> trust the product - but not the company. Very curious.

Maybe not.  I don't think the quality of their product has been in
question.  What we might be reluctant to trust would be their
committment to continued support and upkeep for a stable yet 'free'
release.

This is me:
Vicki Reeves          vickir@beau.org        http://www.beau.org/~vickir

This is where I work:
Beauregard Parish Library                            http://www.beau.org
205 South Washington Ave, DeRidder, LA 70634           (337)463-6217 x19
  The Library does not necessarily agree with everything I write :-D

Geek code 3.1:GIT d? s-:++ a? C++ L++$ W++ w-- Y+ b+ G e r+++

                              <><