[WBEL-users] Re: Block IP Address

Richard Swift rs@swift-technologies.net
Wed, 5 May 2004 10:07:13 -0400 (EDT)

To be a little more specific.  I have a group of ip addresses that
continue to hit my box from an apparent script trying to gain access to NT
cmd.exe and/or find scripts on an NT web server.  I'd like to block these
ips that are frequent visitors.  So right now I've edited my iptables file
to DENY requests from these ip addresses.  Just wondering if this is the
most efficient way of handling this problem.  I guess I could also block
them at the router level.

Dual Intel P3 1ghz  CPU's
ABIT VP6 dual FC-PGA
720,896mb ECC PC100 RAM