[WBEL-users] yum version, krb5, libcom_err.so.3

Andy Rabagliati andyr@wizzy.com
Mon, 10 May 2004 16:26:16 +0200

Folks,

  What version of yum do you use ? Where from ?

  I get this problem :-

File "/usr/lib/python2.2/ftplib.py", line 68, in ?
     all_errors = (Error, socket.error, IOError, EOFError)
     AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'error'

  Solved by this post on the yum list :-

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:48:04 +1030, Geoffrey D. Bennett wrote:

> Strange as it seems, I can reproduce that error ("'module' object has
> no attribute 'error'" and the rest of it) when any of the following
> isn't installed:
>
>   e2fsprogs-1.34-1.i386.rpm
>   openssl-0.9.7a-23.i686.rpm
>   krb5-libs-1.3.1-6.i386.rpm
>
> Presuming you have the python from FC1, I'm guessing that installing
> all of the above will get yum going again.
>
> The actual library that isn't found occurs earlier in the strace; I
> was looking for SOCKS libraries too :-).

  I 'upgraded' from FC1 to whitebox, so it was not a clean install (my laptop).

  With krb5-libs-1.2.7 I get /usr/kerberos/lib/libcom_err.so.3, a
  necessary library for httpd and php (whitebox).

  However, I get the mysterious failure of yum above, which is fixed by
  installing krb5-libs-1.3.1 - however it breaks dependencies for httpd and php.

Cheers,    Andy!