[WBEL-users] Getting up2date to install locally signed RPMs

Jesse j@lumiere.net
Thu, 13 May 2004 21:16:41 -0700 (PDT)

What do I need to do to get up2date to install and update RPMs that we've
signed with our in-house RPM GPG key?

I've imported the key via rpm --import, but up2date still refuses to
install (unless I specify --nosig). I've also tried using gpg to import
the key specifically to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date-keyring.gpg. That
didn't work either. up2date still refuses to install, based on the key.

My goal is to keep it so that up2date only installs RPMs signed by
approved sources -- I just want to be able to set myself up as one of
those sources.

I'm not too familiar with yum, but it doesn't seem to have any automatic
key checking facilities. It happily installs any RPMs I put in our yum
repo, whether signed or not.

Suggestions? Thanks.

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>