[WBEL-users] vsFTPd

Jeff Maze maillists@crescentdigital.com
Sat, 15 May 2004 11:23:29 -0400

  Try this link:

http://www.markus-welsch.de/linux/services/ftp.html

I followed this and it appears to really secure vsftpd even more than normal
setup.  Nice since it configures virtual users with it's own hash database
and even tells you how to chroot users to different directories, etc.

I even went as far as chrooting people to certain directories and then using
the "mount --bind" command (and setup in fstab) so that they only have
access to directories I want them to have.  Works very well.

-----Original Message-----
From: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org [mailto:whitebox-users-admin@beau.org]
On Behalf Of Richard Swift
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 10:29 AM
To: whitebox-users@beau.org
Subject: [WBEL-users] vsFTPd

General newbie question. I'm trying to upload files from a winxp client to a
vsFTP server. I need the chmod properties to allow others to download these
files. I'm not sure how to accomplish this, I'm hopeing someone will be able
to help figure out how to accomplish this because I only have remote access
to this box.

Richard Swift

Dual Intel P3 1ghz  CPU's
ABIT VP6 dual FC-PGA