[WBEL-users] aarich SATA/RAID driver ?

Raymond Lillard rlillard@sonic.net
Tue, 18 May 2004 16:50:40 -0700

Dear Whitebox-users,

I have been handed a brand new 1U high server and asked to
load it up with some flavor of Open Source *nix.

The problem is that it has the motherboard requires the
aarich.o driver.  I have successfully loaded RH9 with a
dd floppy, but WBEL-U1 doesn't recognize it.

I will not expose my client to the dangers of an unpatched
RH9 box (RH has apparently pulled the RH9 updates), so I'm
still looking for a solution other than paying the big bucks
for RHEL which is not in the budget.

If I wait for U2, am I likely to get good news?

If the expected file layout for U2 is different, but
the same files can be used, does anyone know the new
layout for WBEL?

Help!!

Thanks,
Ray