[WBEL-users] Mirrors out of sync

Kirby Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Wed, 19 May 2004 13:36:35 -0500

WBEL users,

	I have two gripes I'm going to make:

1.  Is there anyway someone could make a link directly to the mirror
sites that's at the root of the trees, not at the a 600MB ISO image?
Put that on the downloads page someplace.  Any chance there could be
a link to someplace near http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub (it could be
deeper in, but at least to there) on the downloads page?

	I go to the download page to look for new updates, and it's a
pain to have to mangle the URL's to see a file listing.  This is the
web, couldn't we have some direct links?   The links at the top of
the downloads page is pretty useless if what I want to do is look
for a specific RPM on the primary or mirror sites.

2.  What's up with the mirror latency?  As of this writing
on the WhiteBox site.

rsync://mirrors.esat.net/ftp/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/
rsync://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/whitebox/

These also don't have the same sets of files.  It appears that
ncsu.edu has 3 SRPMS that the other doesn't have.

The last file in the i386 directory on either mirror is from April.

Whom do I pester when I see this happen.  This is the second or
third time I've seen the mirrors multiple days out of date, in the
last 45-60 days.  Which is very discouraging.   At least this time,
it isn't breaking YUM completely like it did last time.

I do appreciate all the time and effort the people behind the
mirrors are providing to me for essentially free.  I'll happily
submit diffs the the download page to make it like what I requested
above.

	Thanks,
		Kirby