[WBEL-users] Mirrors out of sync

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Wed, 19 May 2004 19:18:07 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Kirby Bohling wrote:

> 1.  Is there anyway someone could make a link directly to the mirror
> sites that's at the root of the trees, not at the a 600MB ISO image?
> Put that on the downloads page someplace.

Ok, that sounds like a good idea.

> Any chance there could be a link to someplace near
> http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub (it could be deeper in, but at least to
> there) on the downloads page?

At this point I wish I could wall off /pub entirely.  Our outbound has
been nailed open for the last month or two.  A new up2date will hopefully
fix this problem such that I won't be cringing at the thought of anyone
directly accessing /pub.... so long as nobody tries to make a direct grab
for the next set of .iso files.  :)

> 2.  What's up with the mirror latency?  As of this writing
> on the WhiteBox site.

An rsync from ncsu has been in progress going on two days now.  But
between about a gig and a half of files to move and a boatload of folks
running up2date directly against whiteboxlinux.org (failure to edit
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources) things are lagged to heck and gone.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!