[WBEL-users] Mirrors out of sync

Jesse j@lumiere.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 01:15:07 -0700 (PDT)

> At this point I wish I could wall off /pub entirely.  Our outbound has
> been nailed open for the last month or two.  A new up2date will hopefully
> fix this problem such that I won't be cringing at the thought of anyone
> directly accessing /pub.... so long as nobody tries to make a direct grab
> for the next set of .iso files.  :)

If I had my vote, I'd say wall off everyone except NCSU and other mirrors
until the mirrors have their copies. If people haven't noticed they should
update their 'sources' file then they probably won't notice up2date being
unavailable for a couple days. Even if they would notice, apparently
whiteboxlinux is so overloaded they're probably not getting much anyway.

Getting the stuff out to the mirrors benefits even those who are cut off
temporarily.

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>