[WBEL-users] whitebox: the pros and cons of hitchiking

Jesse j@lumiere.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 03:50:38 -0700 (PDT)

> Part of the reason I like Whitebox is it's not over-ambitious. I'm not
> looking for the latest, greatest, super-duper redesigned distribution. I
> just want RHEL without the licensing issues.

I'd like to re-emphasize that the "ambition" of the other RHEL derivitives
is really what keeps me away from them. I don't need to worry about some
guy's new great ideas. Their speed of updates is irrelevant to me if I
can't know that what I'll be getting will always be as close to RHEL as
humanly possible. I just need something stable and compatible. Otherwise
I'd run Fedora or something.

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>