[WBEL-users] current updates

cweisiger@i-55.com cweisiger@i-55.com
Thu, 20 May 2004 09:47:24 -0500 (CDT)

ok ive been reading the posts about wether or not the
updates have been converted for whitebox use and pushed
to the mirrors...

ok i just have some simple questions that can be answered
by someone who knows whats going on...

i have my box running...and of course connected to the net.

when was the last set up updates that were available through
up2date? i have been checking and it says my system is up to date.

I managed to update the kernel to 2.4.21-15.EL along with
the updated ipsec-tools and initscripts rpms. That is the last
of the updates that I have received.

Does John actually have the other ones converted, just not pushed
to the mirrors? Is this because he is waiting for the next update
from redhat to occur? And after that happens everything will be ok
and will proceed as normal with the updates, fixes, and enhancements?

Has he even done the other ones after the 3 ive mentioned?

The reason I ask is that i had to modify my up2date configuration
to allow kernel downloads being that i had to make changes and re-compile my
kernel for my tape backup to work and it wasnt downloading any newer kernel
updates because of that fact.

I just wondering or hoping nothing in my up2date program is keeping me
from updating my system

because i have tested and checked by trying to get updates from
whitebox site using up2date and it even says my system is up to date.