[WBEL-users] whitebox: the pros and cons of hitchiking

Jesse j@lumiere.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 13:32:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 20 May 2004, jwinger wrote:

> My other suggestion get a firewall. I have not seen any advisories here
> in the last month that were that critical. Most are small bugs.

I'd have to agree with this sentiment. None of the updates in U2 or
recently have been that significant. The few that are only affect specific
situations, like those running r/w rsync servers.

I think all these discussions about speed of updates are kind of
pointless. The problem isn't that the updates haven't been produced for
WBEL, it's that whiteboxlinux's servers are overloaded and the mirrors
can't get a copy of them. Obviously this is not ideal, but this is a
temporary problem and can be fixed.

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>