[WBEL-users] Security updates

Jesse j@lumiere.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 18:17:40 -0700 (PDT)

> Longer term I'm really wondering how to get new versions out.  The only
> idea that seems to have the potential to really solve the problem is DVD's
> via overnight delivery.  Looking at this upcoming respin, assuming one set

What kind of connectivity does beau.org have?

It seems pretty clear that it doesn't have the kind of connectivity
needed to be a primary download source for all users of the distribution.
There's nothing wrong with that as long as the limitations are realized.

But perhaps it's enough to transfer some ISOs worth of CDs to mirrors
periodically? It certainly has enough for minor rsync updates. All
assuming it's no longer being used for general downloads.

I don't see any reason that the general public needs to download WBEL
directly from whiteboxlinux.org, at any point.

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>