[WBEL-devel] Re: [WBEL-users] Security updates

Jesse j@lumiere.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 18:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 20 May 2004, William Warren wrote:

> as per beau.org's site they have only a t-1.  transferring entire iso's
> would tear up their bandwidth for over 30 minutes per iso.  nOt pratical
> when that t-1 has to handle dns, mail, http..etc etc etc

Well, they don't seem to be very averse to doing that right now. I would
expect a little congestion (assuming they don't just rate limit their
upload, rsync --bwlimit) a couple times per year for a couple days
wouldn't be that big a deal. Most of the time they're just pushing out a
few packages.

Sounds to me like if beau avoided public access and was just used to seed
mirrors, it'd do fine.

---
Jesse <j@lumiere.net>