[WBEL-users] gnome-session errors

Tom Cooper tcooper@starpower.net
Fri, 21 May 2004 08:51:16 -0400

    I've got one WBL3 box that I upgraded from RH8 that is not playing
nice.  I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction for
assistance.

When I try to start X on the console, X dies after gnome-session tanks.
gnome-session complains about failure to read (or write, I can't
remember right now) the correct number of bytes.

I'd write it off as a corrupt library, but I can run VNC server with
gnome-sessions and there are no complaints.

If I switch to twm, X starts and operates perfectly (although it is a
bit....less featureful than Gnome.)

Anyone have a suggestion about how to further troubleshoot?  I've poked
around on Google, and the mentions of this sort of error on the gnome
archives point to problems that I don't have.

Regards,
Tom Cooper