[WBEL-users] up2date python errors (was Re: Running up2date)

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Fri, 21 May 2004 11:40:19 -0400 (EDT)

Tom Cooper said:
>> As there are about 3 different people in this thread with errors, please
>> say what errors you are getting.  Also include the part of the yum.conf
>> you edited.
>
> yum works fine, up2date does not.

To prove my point, someone with another problem replies to my request for
more info :-)

[snip]
> [root@tcooper-87057 root]# up2date
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 1190, in ?
>     sys.exit(main() or 0)
>   File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 859, in main
>     from up2date_client import gui
>   File "gui.py", line 16, in ?
>   File "/usr/share/rhn/__init__.py", line 19, in ?
>     File "/usr/share/rhn/__init__.py", line 19, in ?
> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/gtk/_gtkmodule.so: undefined
> symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode

Google tells me this might be some kind of mismatch with python.  What do
you get for:

$ grep -i py /var/log/rpmpkgs

If it hasn't been 24 hours since you did the updates, as root do this first:

# /etc/cron.daily/rpm

--
William Hooper