[WBEL-users] Lots of updates..

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Fri, 21 May 2004 12:36:52 -0400 (EDT)

Jeff Maze said:
>  So I assume it's ok to get them all, eh?
>
> I'm working remotely and since I'm really the only one that ones anything
> about Linux, I'd hate to do these updates only for the system to crash and
> burn.  It is a production server.

Well I'm not going to tell you to go ahead and have you blame me if it
blows up :-)

I'm not sure if the Sendmail issues were resolved (see posts from last
week I think).  I've personally installed all the updates and not had
trouble, but YMMV.

The biggest issue WRT Whitebox was actually getting the updates out there.
 You could do an "up2date -du" to download the updates first to make sure
you have them all.  Well, all the updates minus the Kernel in the default
config, you would need an "up2date -df kernel kernel-utils" for that.

--
William Hooper