[WBEL-users] Private Mirror

Mickael Maddison Mickael Maddison <mike@kamloopsbc.com>
Fri, 21 May 2004 18:30:56 -0700

Hello whitebox-users,

First off - thanks John for setting up and maintaining WBEL.

Ok... now that there are a couple working public mirrors, I would like to do my part to keep from overloading the mirrors, so I'd like to setup a private mirror.  Yes... I'd LOVE to setup a public mirror, but the bandwidth costs would be prohibitive since I pay for every GB I transfer.

Anyway, the purpose is to use to setup a net install and yum archive and have the latest .iso's handy.  I've got approx 25 machines, most of which are slowly moving over to WBEL.  I'm guessing no one wants me to do that over their mirror, so it's definitely more effective if I setup a private mirror.so... I've tried rsyncing from nscu.edu but nothings coming in.rsync -v --delete --recursive mirror.physics.ncsu.edu::whitebox/3.0/en/updates /WhiteBox/
rsync: failed to connect to mirror.physics.ncsu.edu: Connection timed out
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(83)

Suggestions?
--
Best regards,