[WBEL-users] Wine Version

Phil Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner@NASA.gov
Wed, 26 May 2004 11:03:38 -0400

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 12:53, Jason Fahr wrote:
> Ok, I am kinda new to linux so where do I go to find out what Kernel im
> running?

If don't know what kernel you are running, presumably you installed via
RPM, and are not running a custom kernel.  The command

rpm -q --qf "%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}-%{ARCH}\n" kernel

will show installed kernels and architecture.

For a hyperthreaded or multi-processor machine the kernel should be
SMP.  Use:

rpm -q --qf "%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}-%{ARCH}\n" kernel-smp

"uname -r" shows the running kernel version but not the architecture.

> Thanks
> Jason Fahr
> jfahr@direcway.com
>
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
> > Check what kernel you are running...
> >
> > You might want to try the Athlon package.
> >
> > Jason Fahr wrote:
> >
> >> Its an AMD Athlon 700mhz. So do I still use the i386, or the athlon
> >> versions?

Definitely want the Athlon kernel for 2.4 kernels.  (Unlikely to be
using on WBEL, but 2.6 kernels detect/adapt at runtime.)

Phil