[WBEL-users] software RAID1 automount modprobe error

Bill Davidsen davidsen@tmr.com
Thu, 27 May 2004 11:19:51 -0400

Thorsten Keissner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed software RAID1 on 2 IDE drives, and it works fine. The
> trouble comes when I'm looking in the /var/log/messages I see this error:
>
> kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k md-personality-3, errno = 2
>
> I´ve preloaded the raid module in the initial ramdisk.
>
> mkinitrd --with=raid1 /boot/initrd-raid 2.4.21-15.EL
>
> changed the grub entry in /etc/grub.conf
> initrd /initrd-raid 2.4.21-15.EL
>
> but the error is always there!
>
> Any idea?

You didn't say if it fails to work or if you're just worried about the
message.

You might try --preload instead. Yes I know you are using IDE disk, I
don't expect it to help, but it definitely won't hurt.

Run mkinitrd with -vv and post the output.

--
    -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)