[WBEL-users] WB host behind linksys router can't see out (or in)

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@mail.vanree.net
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:27:23 +0100

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 08:14:13PM -0700, jim stockford wrote:

> I don't think jumping up and down is required--I find
> hiccuping works. I'm afraid not to turn around, though
> and haven't tried omitting that step.
>
> Somewhere in the rats nest of the GUI I saw DNS fields
> empty, so I entered
> 192.168.1.1
> 64.<what they told me is valid>
> <some other valid DNS server IP>
>
> golly, now I can see out and make google work.
>
> QUESTION: either the 192.168.1.1 is wrong or the others,
> I guess one day I might stumble on the GUI again and could
> wipe out 192.168.1.1 or the other two and see for myself,
> but I'll know sooner if someone tells me.

All DNS servers are listed in /etc/resolv.conf , just edit it using vi or some other editor and forget about any GUI ;)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree  | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanRee IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net