[WBEL-users] Google Alert - "beau.org/pipermail/whitebox-users"

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:16:49 -0600

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 12:11 -0500, Bernie Hoefer wrote:

> Daniel J. Summers wrote:
> ===
> > Maybe so - but at this point, it's too late.  The addresses are out
> > there, cached and shared.  I don't think that a change to this list
> > would in any way curb the amount of spam that its subscribers receive.
> ===
>      True, not any of the current subscribers with their current e-mail
> addresses.  But new subscribers and those who can change their
> subscription e-mail addresses would benefit.
>      Just five hours ago I received another spam to the address I use
> soley for the WBEL mailing lists.  I've already changed my address once
> from "WBEL-User..." and am thinking of changing it again to
> "WBEL-User03..."
>
> - --
> Bernie Hoefer
I hate to be a stick in the mud, but as soon as one of the list members
get a virus (and several of them have), the spam guys get all our e-mail
addresses anyway.  I have SpamAssassin running on my mail server, which
deletes all but 1 or 2 spam e-mails per month.

Johnny Hughes
<http://www.HughesJR.com/>