[WBEL-users] Where to start with an SSH server ?

Jean Lee jean.lee@free.fr
Tue, 02 Nov 2004 14:36:19 +0100

Hello,

I want to implement a corporate ftp server using ssh.
Is OpenSSH a good choice ?
Do I have to use sshd or sshd_ftpserver ?
Where can I find a good documentation and tutorial for it ? I'm new and
I would like to understand how it works and not only how to use it.

More genrally, I am quite new to the network, file sharing over internet
and security problems and I would like to understand the differences
between FTP, SSH, TLS secured FTP, Kerberos, S/Keys, VPN, (Why not FTP
over VPN if it exists) and all the others that I  don't know.... Is
there any existing documentation which explains the general usage of
these protocols and makes a comparison of usage, security and the
application (and why not make a comparison of avalaible binaries for each)?
Yes I know : I ask a lot :) but I'm a bit lost with all these abreviations.

Thanks for any help,

Jean Lee