[WBEL-users] Change RHEL to WBEL

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:25:04 -0600

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 12:32 -0800, Mickael Maddison wrote:
> Hello whitebox-users,
>
> Ok.  I think this has been asked and answered, but I need a quick and
> dirty.
> I've got a box that has RHWSE that's currently running as a live web
> box.  I need to convert it to WBEL as we're not renewing the support
> contract with RH for this box.  What I'd like to do is just install
> YUM and use WBEL RPMs to maintain the machine, thus essentially
> converting it to WBEL.  Since WBEL is RHES, I suspect this can work,
> but I'm not sure of any issues that might come up.  Suggestions?

I would think that you could un-install redhat-release (rpm -e
redhat-release), then install the latest whitebox-release and yum for
WBEL ... adjust your /etc/yum.conf (here is mine):

http://www.hughesjr.com/wbel/yum.conf.txt

Then do:

yum upgrade

If you are running up2date, up2date-gnome and rhn-applet ... un-install
them and replace with the ones for WBEL.  I use yum vice up2date, so I
don't have a good /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources ...

I think then you would be good to go.
Johnny Hughes
<http://www.HughesJR.com/>