[WBEL-users] Change RHEL to WBEL

Thu, 04 Nov 2004 07:53:31 -0600

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 08:40 +0100, Carsten Boehlke wrote:
> Mickael Maddison wrote:
>
> >Hello Johnny,
> >
> >I've done as you suggested, I'm just waiting for the upgrades to complete and see if all is well on the test machine.  A question came to mind...
> >I "Was" using up2date, but if I understand correctly, YUM can handle all I should need for updates, so when I remove up2date there should be no need to install a WBEL version of up2date or rhn-applet, right?
> >

> Yep, that's right. Yum and up2date are two different mechanisms. You
> only need one off them.

You only need to use yum ... but if you like the applet to show you when
there are updates, then you would need to install updated versions of
up2date, up2date-gnome, and rhn-applet.

I don't use them anymore, but I did when I first shifted to WBEL.  I
like yum better than up2date ... but you can choose to use either of
them, or both together, to do your updates.

> Best regards,
>
> Carsten.
> <http://www2.dict.cc/?s=mechanisms>

Johnny Hughes