[WBEL-users] Kde-admin missing and found for WB 3.0

Seth Bardash seth@integratedsolutions.org
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:12:11 -0700

TWIMC in charge of WB+kde implementation:

I was looking at our whitebox server and wanted to set up a cron
job.

Had used kcron in the past and was impressed with its ease of use.

Alas, kcron was missing from the disti. Its supposed to be in
kde-admin.

No kde-admin in disti. Was wondering why this is?

It was standard on most the kde installs I've seen so went looking
for it on the web.

Found the appropriate version in rpm form at:

ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/9/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS

kdeadmin-3.1-3.i386.rpm

Ran rpm -ivh kdeadmin-3.1-3.i386.rpm

Installed fine. Works great.

FYI for those that like a graphic interface to some of the admin
functions.

Seth Bardash

Integrated Solutions and Systems
1510 North Gate Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80921

http://www.integratedsolutions.org

Phone: 719-495-5866
Fax:   719-495-5870

Supplier of AMD, Intel and SPARC Servers and Systems running
Windows, Linux, Solaris and VxWorks.

---