[WBEL-users] Creating ISO images from CDs

Alfred von Campe alfred@110.net
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 15:00:47 -0500

> Sounds like a block size issue, try using a specific blocksize.  Doing
> little quick math, it looks like the LCD on the ISO images is 32K, so
> try
>
> Dd if=/dev/cdrom of=image.iso bs=32768

Alas, that didn't do the trick.  The ISO image created by the above dd
command is identical to the one without the bs=32768.  I also tried
using bs=16384 and bs=65536, but they both produce the same results as
dd=32768 or omitting bs entirely.

One thing to note that the size difference for all three ISO images
(between the originals and those created from the CDs with the dd
command) is 307200, which is 300*1024 (or 75*4096).  Can anyone find
any relevance in this information?

At this point, I have resolved my original problem.  I'm now just
trying to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks,
Alfred