[WBEL-users] Creating ISO images from CDs

Alfred von Campe alfred@110.net
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 15:22:12 -0500

> I think there is a problem with your CD. do an md5 sum to check. Or use
> the test CD option pre-install time.

I've done many installs with these CDs.  And the fact that all three
CDs differ in size from the original ISO images by the same amount
can't be a coincidence.  Also, the ISO images created with dd from the
CDs which were created from the original ISO images contain the same
exact information (I mounted the ISO images and did a diff -r).  So I
don't think there is a problem with my CDs.  The dd command somehow
creates ISO images that are 302,700 bytes larger than the original ISO
images, but they contain the exact same information.

Alfred