[WBEL-users] HCL for Whitebox

Graham Purcocks grahamp@wsieurope.com
Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:50:39 +0000

--------------040902010203040801010709

Has there been any indication of when/if there is going to be a Respin
2. These issues seem to be proliferating weekly as more and more SATA
machines become available.

Jon Lewis wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Brandon Friedman wrote:
>

>>Newbie to Whitebox, I have a silly question? Is Whitebox's HCL the same as
>>RHEL 3.0?
>>
>>I am trying to install on and HP ML110 Server with a Promise FastTrak S150
>>SX4/SX4000 SATA controller. Whitebox doesn't detect the controller, however
>>RHEL supports it:
>>http://hardware.redhat.com/hcl/?pagename=details&hid=5713
>

> The latest kernels do support it.  The kernel on the install CD does not.
> AFAIK, RHEL 3.0 has the same problem.
>
> Easiest solution at the moment is probably to install on a PATA drive,
> upgrade kernel, then move system to SATA.

--------------040902010203040801010709

begin:vcard
fn:Graham Purcocks
n:Purcocks;Graham
org:WSI Ltd;Engineering
adr:Hockley;;22-24 Vittoria Street;Birmingham;W.Midlands;B1 3PE;U.K.
email;internet:grahamp@wsieurope.com
title:Consultant Engineer
tel;work:+44 121 233 7600
tel;fax:+44 121 233 7666