[WBEL-users] Roaming profiles

Joe Aldeguer jaldeguer@safnow.net
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:30:18 -0500 (EST)

I'm mulling over the idea of replacing my Microsoft Windows
2000 server Active Directory with Samba. I'm tired of dealing
with expensive server, client licenses.  I am already using White
Box 3.0 ES for our internal website, proxy server, SMTP, Webmail.
The ease of using roaming profile using MS AD is the only thing
holding me back.

Have you been successful implemeting roaming profiles using Samba
and what are the pit falls? Most of my users use Win2k Pro and XP.

Any thoughts suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Regards,

Joe