[WBEL-users] Roaming profiles

Tanel Kindsigo tanel@kivilinn.tartu.ee
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:43:08 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:

> On Tuesday 09 November 2004 19:25, Tom Kovalcik wrote:
>
> > found two problems. First, large home directories take a long time to
> > load. The temporary internet files seem to be the biggest culprit. I do

Many programs, including IE allow defining temporary cache folder. by
default, it's inside profile indeed, but you can set it to c:\temp\

I suggest to find policy editor and policy templates from internet and use
the power of that tool. you can define whole registry for every PC in
your network by that way, including deleting of locally stored profiles
after logout, mounting
server disk shares, restricting several options in windows to prevent
users' damage or evil customizing windows. of cource, you have to learn
from manuals, what is system policy editing and how it works.
samba.org provides quite a good tutorials for that.

roaming profiles work with both Redhat and Whitebox just as good as with
M$ servers.