[WBEL-users] yum updates

Jon Hill jon@foneport.com
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:33:51 +0000

Hi All

I am new this list.
I have White Box running on a development server, I like the ideas behind this
distribution and hope to become an active contributor if I can over time.

I had WB running on an oldish machine with a 2Gig hard drive. I didn't have a
great deal of space left I ran out of hard drive space whilst running a yum
update. I know have a damaged installation and don't know how I would go
about trying to recover packages. I can't even run yum anymore because it has
removed itself during the failed update. It was obvioulsy a little silly of
me to run an auto update on a machine like this one, but is this a flaw in
the whole yum concept? I had a similar problem running up2date on a RHE3
server recently. The update process failed and I ended up with RPMs that I
had to reinstall manually and then repair the package database etc.

Jon