[WBEL-users] IMAP and POP3 services

Jason Balicki kodak@frontierhomemortgage.com
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:48:47 -0600

Nick Bright <> wrote:
> I'm setting up a mail system using Whitebox EL3, and am noticing the
> distinct lack of any IMAP or POP3 packages in the trees. Am I missing
> something, or are they really not there?
>
> On that note, has anyone properly packaged Courier-IMAP &
> Courier-POP3d for Whitebox?

Both ipop3d and imapd are provided by the RPM "imap-2002d-9".

Also, from the Courier web site (http://www.courier-mta.org/):

"Building Courier RPMs
You can build binary Courier RPMs directly from the tarball, using RPM
version 4.0.2 or higher. For example:

rpmbuild -ta courier-version.tar.bz2
Because the RPMs can be built directly from the tarball, binary RPMs will
not be distributed separately"

There's no reason I can think of that this wouldn't work for WBEL.

HTH,

--J(K)