[WBEL-users] Need some help with sed

Benjamin J. Weiss Benjamin J. Weiss" <benjamin@birdvet.org
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:35:24 -0600 (CST)

Howdy, y'all! :)

I'm trying to write a script that can be run on new WBEL installations
that will turn the box into an email server with anti-virus, spam, TLS,
etc.  Anyway, I'm using sed to change the configuration files, and I'm
running into a problem.  (Note that this is the first time I've used sed
for anything).

I'm trying to use sed to append Dag Wieer's repo to the /etc/yum.conf
file.  Everything works great except the final expression.  The two before
it work fine, where I'm using single quotes for the append command.
However, I want to use a shell variable in the final expressin, so I'm
using double quotes.  I've read the sed chapter in "Linux in a Nutshell"
and googled and read other sites, but I can't seem to figure this one out.
The relevant parts of the script are as follows:

--------------

YUM_BASE=http://cassandra/whitebox_mirror/\$releasever/en/os/\$basearch/
YUM_UPDATES=http://cassandra/whitebox_mirror/\$releasever/en/updates/
YUM_DAG=http://cassandra/whitebox_mirror/dag/

# Set up Yum to hit a local repository.  I'm including Dag Wieer's
# repo becuase he  maintains packages that otherwise we'd have to compile
# and maintain ourselves.
mv /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum.conf.000
sed     -e '/http:/s/\(.*\)/#\1/' \
        -e '/ftp:/s/\(.*\)/#\1/'  \