[WBEL-users] problem with rsync script

Michiel van Es michiele@info.nl
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:23:04 +0100

Hi,
I'm rsyncing the updates fro NCSU.
It worked till this morning.
When I add an extra --exclude option I got the following error:
[root@devgnu02 cron.d]# sh whiteboxupdates

Welcome to the NCSU Physics Department install server for the NCSU
Realm Kit for Red Hat Linux, Red Hat Linux, and Aurora Sparc Linux.

Problems with the NCSU Realm Kit for Red Hat Linux can be reported to
bugzilla at http://bugs.linux.ncsu.edu.

This server is run by the NCSU Physics Department. For a full list of
rsync'able software please run 'rsync ks.physics.ncsu.edu::'.

If you have any problems, email <pco@pams.ncsu.edu> with details.

client: nothing to do: perhaps you need to specify some filenames or the
--recursive option?
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(636)

The script;
#!/bin/sh
rsync --recursive --delete --exclude=SRPMS --exclude=ia32e
mirror.physics.ncsu.edu::whitebox/3.0/en/updates /var/www/html/whitebox/

Is there a problem with ncsu?
I added the --recursive optioen (as you can see) but I can not download
any update anymore..I removed the openssl update from the i686 folder
but it isn't downloaded/rsynced.

Does anyone have a clue what is wrong?

Thanks in advance.
--