[WBEL-users] Rsync Updates Organizing

Michiel van Es michiele@info.nl
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:52:13 +0100

Dave J. Hala Jr. wrote:
> Again, I would stop screaming abouts "Rights". I would thank John and
> the Parish Library for all there hard work.

Sure I do..I am more than happy about the WhiteBox distro EXCEPT about
their updates and their failover network for updates.
I do not think you have to say B if you say A.
You can not make/fix a distro and leave the other important things
beside you .
Especially if a lot of people have offered their help to fix the updates
or providing bandwith.
A call not being answered by John..(correct me if I'm wrong).

> I would also say that if you are that unhappy, and since you obviously
> have all the answers, grab the source code and get "Beige Box" Linux up
> and running...

I do have th answers:
make a plan fot the updates.
Provide failover and fix your number 1 product.
Delegate permissions/responsibality to other people so there is no
single point of failure.

I would ,as a developer/starter of project, think about the consequenses
of starting it and what I leave behind.
Off cource I'm free to deliver a half broken product and take no
responsibility at all.
But if I'm a good maintainer/developer I will at least give people to
freedom to help my project if I'm stuck/to busy.

> Nothing is stopping you from doing that.

I can not ftp to the Whitebox website.
If you can provide me the BOFH permissions I will set up a new start for
the WhiteBox community?
Doing it myself?
No..delegating it to other people who are willing to help me out.
That's the power of a open source community.

Michiel