[WBEL-users] Rsync Updates Organizing

Paul subsolar@subsolar.org
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:02:14 -0600

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 11:29 -0500, William Hooper wrote:
> David Mir said:
> [snip]
> > I, for
> > one, volunteer my services/bandwidth(cable modem anyway :-P)/server/time
> > to compile the packages and upload them to a central rsync server to
> > propagate to all the others.
>
> Feel free to set it up.  However, judging from past threads about it, this
> is not how John wants to handle "Official" WBEL updates.

It's pretty much up to what John/Vikki want and managing multiple
contributors may end up being more work for John than doing it himself.
It may be better in the longer term for WBEL if there were more people
involved so updates could get propagated quicker, but it's up to beau to
for that to happen.

> There is nothing stopping anyone from setting up their own repo and
> getting other people to mirror it.

Or using CentOS which is organized along the lines of the original
poster.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is the community at this point does not
need yet another repackaged RHEL based distro.

Regards,
Paul Berger