[WBEL-users] Rsync Updates Organizing

Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:26:31 -0600

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 15:24 -0500, Mace.Scott@tatravelcenters.com wrote:

> Oh, goody.  It does not say customers.  They released it outside of
> their organization, they are obligated to supply the source code.
> To wit:
>
> "Does the GPL require that source code of modified versions be posted
> to the public?
> The GPL does not require you to release your modified version. You are
> free to make modifications and use them privately, without ever
> releasing them. This applies to organizations (including companies),
> too; an organization can make a modified version and use it internally
> without ever releasing it outside the organization.
> But if you release the modified version to the public in some way, the
> GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the
> program's users, under the GPL.
>
> Thus, the GPL gives permission to release the modified program in
> certain ways, and not in other ways; but the decision of whether to
> release it is up to you."
>

> Yes it says "users," and we can argue semantics all day if you like.

What the HECK does this have to do with updates ...

The Source RPMS are available for WBEL ... you can download them, they
are on many mirrors.

The library can say ... OK, I am not going to do any more distro.  You
can have a copy of the released WBEL SOURCE, if you send me a request,
if you pay for the CDs I need to burn it to, and if you pay for
shipping.  There is no requirement for them to make anything available
for download.

Nothing says that they have to continue to do updates if they don't want
to ... nothing says they have to make binary rpms available to any
one ... and they only have to provide source code they have released.
---------------
John has said that he doesn't want help ... how clear can it be.

Anyone who doesn't like the update speed should shift distros, or start
an new distro.  Use CentOS, use Scientific Linux, use Lineox, use
TaoLinux, or build your own.
via either personal e-mail to me, OR at my forum (preferably):

http://www.hughesjr.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,65/page,viewforum/f,14/

I am not doing this to in any way be negative to John Morris or Whitebox
Linux ... I am just tired of people complaining and not doing anything
about it.

I think John has done a great job, AND made his position very well
known, people just don't listen to (or maybe comprehend) what he has
stated his position to be....