[WBEL-users] Using WB for Enterprise level Networks

Dominic Iadicicco diadicic@optonline.net
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:22:35 -0500

Hi Rex,

When You first install it you'll notice that there is no option for
Openoffice. And OO will not get installed. Then even and when you do
install it for the rpms from the cdrom that will give you alittle
trouble that is solved by using --nodeps option. After that when you run
mozilla you'll notice that the font are not that good. I think this is
do to the fact that the font directory
"/usr/lib/openoffice/share/fonts/truetype" is not in /etc/X11/fs/config
for xfs, so that mozilla can use these fonts. I am not sure. also when
you start OO, You won't be able to read the menu at the "File, Edit View
......." because their fonts are really messed up and small. Now this
too could be because of the xfs problem. Or just an OO thing. I don't
know. But I never get any of my post answered on the CentOS mailing
list. I have come to a conclusion about that. Nobody cares about these
things. I am still evaluating as far as the server quality of it. As I
said before please don't take it as I am angry. I have plenty of other
distro's to use. I just found out about Scientific Linux.
I hope this help a little.

Dom