[WBEL-users] Using WB for Enterprise level Networks

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:23:15 -0500 (EST)

William Warren said:
> What is the standard i get "corrected" for top and bottom
> posting.  Frankly i have tried to do both..i am not going to try to please
> everyone.  If you want bottom posts let me see a majority vote off-list
> same goes for top posts..if i get no response i will do it my way..:)

As a general rule on technical lists, inline replying is best.  Barring
that (for example, this message, where it wouldn't make sense) most lists
prefer bottom posting.  That way you get some context of the previous
message to remind you of what the thread is about.

Also make sure you trim non-relevant text (which I would guess is the
cause of your being "corrected" for bottom posting).

I generally don't care much about it, but it does make it easier to reply
inline to multiple messages (as the example you replied to) if the
comments are either inlined or bottom posted.

--
William Hooper