[WBEL-users] nvidia nforce boards and integrated NIC

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 22:04:21 -0500

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 18:30 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> Greg,
>
> I downloaded the kernel SRPM for RHEL 4 Beta
> (kernel-2.6.8-1.528.2.10.src.rpm).  If it compiles and runs on WBEL 3
> then I will provide a link to download it on my website.
> Johnny Hughes
> <http://www.HughesJR.com/>

That didn't go very well ... there were way to many dependencies (hal,
kudzu, hw-data, expat, dbus, initscripts, Pyrex, module-init-tools,
kernel-utils, libselinux) ... and after compiling everything and
installing, there were errors on the bootup ... SO, I would say that
using that kernel is possible, but very hard.

Johnny Hughes