[WBEL-users] Easy to kickstart

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@vanree.net
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 19:56:51 +0200

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 18:34, Christian Huegel wrote:

> To be honest, who is using WBEL as a workstation anyway?

I am ...
Sick and tired of Fedora's sometimes poorly tested updates and able to
rebuild the things I need, I chose WBEL as a base for my workstation. I
build NTFS and ALSA RPM's for each new kernel that gets released and I
rebuild KDE whenever a new version is out. Other than those RPM's I'm
running a pretty vanilla WBEL machine.

The minute RHEL will add kernel support for firmware uploading, as is needed
for my WiFi card, I'll convert my laptop as well. I like the idea of not
having to upgrade each year or quicker because somebody feels I'm using
outdated software.

Yes I know there are other distro's, but having used RedHat both personal
and professional for almost 5y now means I like things that feel familiair
(I tried Gentoo once and after a week of fighting it I came back running to
the RedHat way of things)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree        | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net