[WBEL-users] Easy to kickstart

Van Loggins vloggins@turbocorp.com
Wed, 06 Oct 2004 07:12:06 -0400

> Message: 12 Subject: Re: [WBEL-users] Easy to kickstart From: Johnny
> Hughes <mailing-lists@hughesjr.com> Reply-To:
> <whitebox-users@beau.org> Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:43:27 -0500 On
> Tue, 2004-10-05 at 18:34 +0200, Christian Huegel wrote:
>
>>> To be honest, who is using WBEL as a workstation anyway?
>>

>Me too!
>
>I use WBEL as my production workstation and on several production
>servers.

Me three! :)

I had been running Fedora Core 2 on my workstation. I had been happy
with it but in the past couple of weeks they released a new 2.6.8 based
kernel that completely broke my ability to burn CDs. that one was easily
fixed by switching back to the previous kernel, but was a little
annoying to me. this past week after I downloaded some updates CUPS
broke. I mean it broke it bad. I could completely remove all of my
config files and then remove the cups rpm and then reinstall it and it
would work up until I tried to set up 2 printers on it that I use at
work, if I just removed all of the cups config files and then restarted
cups it would hang up again as soon as I tried to configure the printer
drivers again. It would always hang up and stop working after I
installed the second printer's drivers, regardless of what I did. I
never had any problems with CUPS before this. Needless to say I was
tired of the screw-ups from FC2 so I pulled out my WBEL 3.0 Respin 1 CDs
and I proceeded to wipe and reload my workstation with it. It works
great as a Workstation.

Van

--
Van Loggins        vloggins@turbocorp.com
Assistant System Administrator - ESC Dept