[WBEL-users] Asus SK8V

Tanel Kindsigo tanel@kivilinn.tartu.ee
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:14:59 +0300 (EET DST)

you have to download drivers from you motherboard's manufacturer's webpage
and compile them into your kernel as modules and load these modules and
then include them in /etc/modules.conf

it's easier to install first onto any IDE disk, then try to get sata work
and copy your installation over and try to boot from that. still, for
booting, you have to make new initrd image (man mkinitrd). you should use
Lilo, not Grub boot manager.