[WBEL-users] Root login: Access Denied

Anthony Plunkett doobeh@thefort.org
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:13:23 +0100

Kuervers.SJ@forces.gc.ca wrote:

>Oops - my error.  Missed that in the initial email (how I don't quite know -
>must need another coffee).
>
>Yup.  Time to look at how the password changed.  Then, if you can't find a
>simple reason (ie. another Administrator who is 'supposed' to have access
>changed it), time to look for a rootkit or other evidence of inappropriate
>usage.
>
>I would suggest you pull the machine offline and investigate.  It might be
>easier to reinstall in the long run.
>
>Steve

So many replies :]

I'll pop in to the server tomorrow during a free period at uni and see
if I can log in to the server there, and if not I'll reset the password
and have a poke about.  Thanks to everyone for the responses, it's no
doubt something silly I've done, but hey, that's what learnings all about :]

Again, thanks,

Anthony.