[WBEL-users] Adding 2nd address to interface

Robert Moskowitz rgm@htt-consult.com
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:03:11 -0400

I need to add a 2nd static address to my ethernet interface, and it seems
the GUI can't do this...

Situation.

This system will eventually be dropped onto my production network,
replacing an NT server.  I have to at least use the same FQDN during setup
(for openldap and sambe) and figured I might as well also use the same IP
address.  So the system is behind my firewall off one of the lab interfaces.

But I need to run up2date.  I want the latest Samba and openldap code (for
example a correct samba.schema).

Thus I want to add a second address to the system that is valid for the lab
net (and what ports do I need to open for up2date?).

How to?

Or will up2date only use the first IP address anyway, and I need to change
that, get up2date, then change it back?