[WBEL-users] Adding 2nd address to interface

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 01:24:26 -0500

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 09:48:36AM +0530, Sudev Barar wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 08:08, Kirby C. Bohling wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 10:03:11PM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> > > I need to add a 2nd static address to my ethernet interface, and it seems
>
> Run command neat and go through the GUI for setting up a second IP on
> eth0:1

	Yes, that's the part he couldn't figure out.

	Going thru it the interface a second time, I realized that you
can use "Add" from the first screen, and it's easier then doing the
copy.  Click on "Add" -> "Ethernet" -> "the card you want a second
IP on", put in the static IP you want per normal -> Click Apply.  It
will create an ethernet device named "eth0:1", which is an alias
that you can treat like an independent ethernet device.  That's
easier then the copy explaintion I gave earlier.  For the sake of
anyone searching for the answer in the future, that's much easier.

	However, your message isn't terribly useful.  He'd obviously
tried using the GUI.  I'm fairly sure that's what you mean when you
say "go through the GUI for setting up a second IP on eth0:1".

	Kirby