[WBEL-users] Upgrade from RH9

Jim Wildman Jim Wildman <jim@rossberry.com>
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:18:49 -0400 (EDT)

> Graham Purcocks wrote:
> > You cannot upgrade RH9 to RHES 3.0 or WB ES 3.0.
> >
> > You must reinstall.
> >
> > Fernando J. Díaz Vilela wrote:
> >
> >> Hello:
> >>

> >> I´m trying to upgrade linux RH9 to White Box 3 and the instalation CD
> >> 1 not answer me for upgrade, only start Disk Druid or  autopartition
> >> mode and it want to format my disk.

You can upgrade with Yum.  You may have to back out some packages, but
it will work.  I've taken a number of boxes from RHAS2.1 to
RHAS3.0/CentOS3.0 with yum.  If you have a minimal install, you can
usually do it with one command.

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE       jim@rossberry.com http://www.rossberry.com
Thomas Paine