[WBEL-users] Raid

hawk82 hawk82 <hawk82@gmail.com>
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:40:09 -0400

True. But I could never get a software raid partition to boot from a
RAID1 array. It was just too much work to get the whole software raid
stuff to work, that I just decided to buy a raid card and be done with
it.
Yeah, I probably should buy a 2nd raid card, but this is just my
personal server and I doubt that a) the card will die soon and b) I
will probably rebuild the entire server with new hardware in two years
or c) probably won't have this server.

Yes, maxtor drives are junk and I wish I had gotten Seagates at the
time. But I was stuck on a weekend for replacement drives and Staples
was the only store open that had drives.

lessons learned.

Josh