[WBEL-users] (no subject) More help with ldap

Robert Moskowitz rgm@htt-consult.com
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:47:52 -0400

At 04:34 PM 10/18/2004, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> > >Everything should now be installed under /usr/local (or whatever
> > >installation prefix was used by configure).
>
>This was taken care of by the package builder.

So everything I need to configure is in /etc/openldap

And I don't have to run the configure script.

>Still not quite sure what the question[s] may be.
># rpm -q openldap
>openldap-2.0.27-17
>
># rpm -ql openldap
>... long list of files, of which the ones you mention are a subset ...
>
>What exactly do you need to know?  Open-ended questions are very
>difficult to answer.

To get ldap up and running on whitebox, that seems to be a little different
than the openldap admin guide indicates.

All I now have to do is setup the .conf file, and run slapd, it would seem.

But first make sure all the other pieces (openSSL,  BDB) are there....

Well try again tomorrow morning.  Until my dentist appt...